A poem I wrote for my mother:
sass: "Sassy's Wardrobe"
Mother of Love
Blessed am I to be born to a mother of love
Who taught me how to deal with the hardness of life and soar like a dove.
A mother of love respect, dignity and class
A woman of fashion and style, so much her store is named of this sass.
Mothers help your body grow to be nourishing and whole
But you mom, you went beyond and gave the warmth of your soul.
Like an artist you painted a canvas of examples for me
Because you knew the hardships I would one day have to see.
And because you cared mom and proved love to me in so many ways,
I feel special and have strength on even my worst days.
I pray to one day have kids to give them what you gave:
The warmth and touch of a mother that one holds with them until their grave.
Mom, you will never understand or know
The way you have made my life glisten like sun on snow.
Remember the days I faked sick at school for soup and the day with you...
Now the memories are pasted within my heart,
unexplainable is the meaning if one only knew.
unexplainable is the meaning if one only knew.
So tell me mother of grace, how you present this?
I need an answer, for to one day saturate my daughter with such bliss.
So then, when she grows to be what you made me
She will be able to pass through darkness and have strength to see.
sass: "Sassy's Wardrobe"
A boutique my mother owns.
©"All Rights Reserved"